Analyst (at least 6 months – 1 year of experience) to Senior Manager (anything from 4 years +)
Based in Central London, candidates will need to be prepared to travel as this is a consultancy position
Salaries range from £30,000 to £95,000 + a number of corporate benefits
My client is an established consulting firm who are looking for numerical, analytical professionals to join their market-leading data analytics advisory practice delivering professional services to a range of financial institutions, including investment banks, hedge funds and central banks, energy, retail, telecoms, utilities and government. This is an ongoing recruitment drive as this team look to grow by 10 people by the end of the financial year, this is due to the success, and the amount of work they have won and secured. This would be a great role for if you are looking to work on complex data analytics problems in a big data environment. You will be working on proactive fraud prevention management, anti-money laundering, concept clustering, social network analysis, sentiment analysis, data visualization and dashboarding, developing their centres of excellence internally and their overall service offerings.
This firm is well-known for providing employees with opportunity to expand their experience, knowledge, and their skills in the data analytics, fraud investigations, forensic data analytics, Big Data space. You will also develop consulting skills and will work with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities. They have a flexible culture flexible working with inclusive values, development and engagement.
At all levels you must have experience in one or more of the following:
- Data analysis, data manipulation and an understanding of common data quality problems
- Analytical expertise: SAS; SPSS; R; SAP HANA
- Data management/engineering skills: SQL; ETL; Python
- Big data tools: Hadoop; HIVE; PIG
- Visualisation skills: Qlikview; Tableau; D3
- It is essential you have a minimum of a Degree in a technical or analytical based subject (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering) from top-tier Universities with good A Levels.
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Lead teams of data analysts
- Take a lead role with clients from project conception through to delivery
- Deliver expertise around some of the following: statistical modeling; database modeling; structuring complex datasets in order to achieve robust data mining capability
- Take a hands-on role in the above techno-analytical work as necessary
- Actively contribute to the definition and evolution of the service line; contribute ideas to improve methodology and techniques and the team as a whole
- The successful candidate will be an established Senior Manager, this role will offer a direct route to Director, and Partner level
Depending on experience you will need to show experience of, or the ability to develop skills in the following:
- Show great skill in stakeholder and project management
- Be proactive, diligent and interested in the subject matter; you won’t be the sort of person who is always waiting for the next stage of the process: you will be inquisitive and proactive
- Show great attention to detail
- Desire to work in a leading consulting firm (with this comes a structured career path, regular appraisals, with specific KPIs you come up with in order to further your own career)
- In-depth analysis of complex data
- Experience in writing reports and presentations to explain the findings
- Ability to come up with solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
This is a great place to develop a career, as the organisation has an excellent reputation on a global scale, and a wonderful client roster. You will have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts and to learn new disciplines as you grow with the firm. The successful candidates will perform a client delivery focused role, which typically involves the management, manipulation and analysis of data and transformations using innovative techniques to leverage insight into a client’s structured and unstructured data, to provide answers to complex analytical problems. This team are committed to being the best at what they do.
There is a need for great people with strong analytics knowledge, as more emphasis is being put on not only understanding the issues companies are facing with their data, but how they can better leverage their data and use it to mitigate risk and fraud. Benefits include: a great salary, healthcare, gym, pension plan, mobile phone, and laptop.