An opportunity to apply your analytics skills (SQL, Tableau/Qlikview) within investment banking
This company is a leading UK provider of analytics solutions and services, delivering to a range of financial institutions, including investment banks, hedge funds and central banks.
As the business continues to grow, the analytics and modelling team require experienced analytics professionals, to act as a team lead and Manager as subject matter expert.
They need a highly capable manager to help lead project teams delivering visualisation and analytics models using vast and highly complex data sets. You will need to be both hands-on and someone that others can turn to for your expertise in analytics.
The work involves the application of advanced analytics and modelling techniques, data-centric coding, application of big data to real-world challenges, as well as advising clients. Using the latest technologies and working collaboratively with clients, you will be using different programming, modelling and visualisation techniques to make that data talk. It is all about applying your analytical problem solving to banks’ commercial challenges.
– Working with clients to understand their requirements.
– Mining and structuring vast, complex data sets: this can range from clients’ accounting data through to any and all big data.
– Programming, modelling and creating data visualisation
– Interrogating and investigating data
Desired Skills and Experience
You will need to demonstrate professional analytics experience gained in any industry: it is useful to have financial services experience but is not at all necessary and the employer is particularly interested in hiring smart analysts from other sectors: the work is creative and they are encouraging fresh approaches. You will be creating new analytical products and models that can be applied advantageously to any aspect of wholesale banking, so the key to hring is about finding smart, engaged and adaptable modelling professionals.
Additionally, you must be able to demonstrate:
– 2:1 or above in in a numerate degree
– Minimum 4/5 years professional experience for manager level
– Experience in data visualisation, including Qlikview, Tableau or similar
– Commercial experience in programming SAS and/or SQL
– Professional analytical modelling experience
– Creativity in commercial problem-solving
– Aptitude for stakeholder engagement
What’s in it for you ?
There is an attractive salary package on offer with excellent benefits. You will have a structured career path and the opportunity to fast track your career to the next level. This is a great place to develop a career, as the organisation has a stellar reputation on a global scale, an excellent client roster and employs a large number of recognised authorities in their field.